Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's no fish story...

I have done it! I have finally caught my first fish. Granted, it was a planted lake and I was using fish food, not bait, but a catch is a catch! This has been a perfect weekend. Derek has not had to study at all and we have had so much fun. He is finishing his first block and had his last anatomy test on Friday. He has no school until Thursday where he will have a comprehensive exam of the entire first three months. Their professors told them to take Saturday off and he did. We went and worked out, then did some shopping! I was in desperate need of some new running shoes and work out clothes. Then we went with our friends Brad and Jamie up in to the mountains where we went fishing, saw the pretty leaves, ate, and shot clay pigeons! It was nice to actually spend a WHOLE day with my husband. That hasn't happened in a long time!






I guess this fish needs some explaining. I caught a BIG fish and as I was reeling it in and it was just about on the shore, it got off my hook and swam away! (It was a fighter). So, I had no proof of the real BIG ONE! Derek, Brad, and Jamie all saw it! Then Brad tried to get a fish with the fly rod. He caught this one and I reeled it in, so I had proof that I ACTUALLY did catch a fish. So my actual fish not coming in all the way and me not "catching" this one all the way equals one caught fish by me! Trust me that makes complete sense!!

11 comments:

sjhalford said...

It looks like you guys had fun. Holly, I totally believe ya about the big fish! I am glad Derek got a break from studying. I am sure he deserves it!

Robyn said...

Looks like fun! Did you get your first chance to clean the fish too? :) JK I hope someone else cleaned it for you.

Kris and Jenny said...

Way to go on catching that fish. Where did you go exactly? I'm sure Kris would like to fish and shoot clay pigeons sometime but we don't know where you can go for that. Fishing is fun, when you catch them or even just get to reel them in;)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the catch! fishing is fun but stinky... we miss you. hope all is well.

Beth at Aunties said...

I totally believe your FISH story! LOL
It was great you could get away for some quality time together.
School is so hard! You need to grab those special times when ever you can.
I sent my little sister to see Barry yesterday and he didn’t have a clue who I was...lol
I guess I didn’t make a lasting impression on him as a patient!:)
Those treats are so easy to make!
enjoy!

Rich and Barb said...

Holly a fisherperson! Who would have thought that.

ron said...

You cannot count it as a fish that you catch unless you take it off the hook, clean it and then cook it over an open fire in newspaper. Derek will show you how to do it.

Sara said...

Look at that beautiful lake and scenes! Plus a real cute couple! Everyone has to have a fish story might as well be a good one.

sjhalford said...

Yeah, I would love you to give me info on med school. I am really undecisive at this point. After I graduate from nursing, we are going to start having kids and then see how it goes. Nursing would be a great job to have while raising kids with good money and benefits, so I always thought that would be good enough for me, but a lot of people are pushing me towards med school. So any input of yours would be great!

Miss J. said...

Congratulations on the fish! That's awesome! What is your e-mail address? I just made my blog private and want to invite you to read it. My e-mail address is dancingmonkee18@yahoo.com. Just send me yours and I'll invite you. Hope everything is going well!

Birch Family Forever said...

Ok but did you eat the fish? I'm glad your mom and dad came over and told us about your blog. And remember to get your white elephants ready for Christmas! love, Sarah