Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Givin' it up for my sisters in the South

I just have say how great the people are down here! Derek and I are going to a Black Tie dinner tomorrow night and I had no clue on what to wear. I have never been to a Black Tie dinner before. One of the girls that I work with has been searching the internet to show me the style of dress I should wear. I ended up finding a dress on Saturday that I thought she would approve of. My poor mom and sister know that I cannot make decisions by myself. I was pix texting my mom while in the dressing room so she could see the dress to make sure that it was ok to wear. After I got the approval, I could buy it. Now I have to accessorize! Once again the girl at work told me what I should look for. I have found this great store down here that sells cute jewelry for super cheap. I went there on my lunch break yesterday, and I found two necklaces that I thought would look great and I couldn't decide. So, I asked the lady that worked there, explained to her what my dress looked like and she told me what necklace to get, as well as explained to me why the other necklace would be too much. Well, if that wasn't enough help she then explained to me how I should do my make up, what color tones I should use, what color tones I should stay away from ect, and how I should have my hair! Talk about great customer service. She was amazing. Then she tried to help me find a matching clutch, but we were unsuccessful. I don't think Derek would like me to spend any more money on this one night thing! So, a great big THANK YOU, to the ladies who are helping me put my outfit together!

(Ok...so you are wondering about shoes, don't worry I have that taken care of. That is one thing I don't need help on! I love shoes!)

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Agreed people in the south or definitely helpful and friendly!

Page said...

You are funny. Next time, take me shopping with you and we can both get cute outfits. I used to dress a lot cuter, I promise, but then I had a baby, and fashion went down the drain.

Lara B said...

I wouldn't know what to wear either. I am glad you had such helpful people there. Have fun at the dinner and don't spill anything on your new dress :)

sjhalford said...

Fun! I'm glad you got time on your hands! I've saved up all my money from the pups & my bday so I can go clothes shopping after finals. I can just imagine the look on DK's face when you told him all that you bought!

Jamie said...

what jewelry store are you referring to?

Nick and Deanne said...

Holly - I'm glad you're loving it in NC. I seriously will always love Winston. It stinks that we just missed each other. Tell Derek congrats on the white coat. There are so many exciting steps along the way. I'm glad you have a blog so I can keep up with you.

BJC said...

I LOVE the south!

Sara said...

I miss all that southern kindness. Enjoy it while you are there and take in all the love, other places are not as nice! You guys look really happy. Thanks for letting us check up on the happenings. Sara