Friday, October 17, 2008

Dean's Leadership Circle Dinner

Derek and I were lucky enough to be invited to the Dean's Leadership Circle Dinner last night. It was a dinner for the alumni association for all of their donations back to the medical school. Derek was priviledged to be the recipient of two scholarships from some donors of the alumni association.
I have never been to a function quite like this before. It was black tie and very formal. During the reception, you were to just mingle, while waiters walked around with appetizers on platers and a harpist played in the background. There was also professional photographers walking around taking pictures.
This is Dr. and Mrs. Taylor, who Derek was the recipent of their scholarship. They were such a darling couple who told us that they have been happily married for 49 years.

Ahhh, Derek in a tux. I will probably never see this again!

This is Dr. and Mrs. Musselwhitte, his brother and his neice. Derek received the scholarship that was in honor of Dr. Musselwhitte's mother. He is currently practicing in Wilmington, NC.
You sure didn't go home thirsty.

This is Derek's buddy Jimmy, who is also a first year medical student. If you notice the large windows behind them, it over looks the football field.

Derek and I feel so honored that we were able to go and that he was able to recieve these scholarships. It was a very humbling experience. We hope that in the future we will be able to do the same for someone else and donate back! Thank you so much to Dr. and Mrs. Taylor and Dr. and Mrs. Musselwhitte!


5 comments:

123 said...

You two look great all dressed up. Sounds like a fun evening!!

Robyn said...

Holly I love your outfit!

sjhalford said...

Congrats DK!!!

Anonymous said...

hol, you look beautiful!!! congrats to derek,that is so great!!! I hope things are going awesome out there, things are just the same here crazy and its getting cold!!!I keep trying to talk dustin in to moving out there, we will see!!!

davidandsuzi said...

Congrats on the scholarship! You both look so dashing in those fancy clothes. :)