5 years ago
Sunday, November 23, 2008
A Utah Man am I!
I apologize in advance if people can tell that this is not Holly writing the blog. I am writing my first blog, mainly because I had the idea for this one. She usually has all the ideas and "sweet pictures" for our blog, but this morning I suggested that we wear red to church in support (not to rub it in of course) of the Utes' win yesterday. Although I am not as fanatic of fan as my cousin/brother Judd, I have had to defend my alma mater many times since moving to NC. Most of the students in our ward went to BYU and lets just say they are passionate about their school. The comments in church ranged from "Dude, someone threw up on your sweater." to "Your sweater is making me sick." All that I could do was laugh and think to myself "What would they say about my Ute socks if they knew I was wearing them?" It has not been easy for Holly and I, being the only Utah fans, but we wanted to let everyone know we have held our own amid all the adversity.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I was sooo glad the Utes won! All my inlaws are avid BYU fans and cannot believe that I AM NOT! Spencer took the loss surprisingly well though! I keep telling him he will soon end up a UTE fan! He know it's true, haha! Love the red!!!
You should move to our ward, there are a few more Ute fans (and we want you there). However, we remain true blue through and through. Go cougars!!!
I am so glad you guys are staying strong, we need more fans like you. you both look great in red and seriously holly, you have got to come back here to work. we miss your guts!!! i hope you guys do something awesome for christmas break!!!
Way to go UTAH!!!
GO UTES! We have always been BYU fans and our son even wore a BYU sweatshirt to registar at the U. LOL He is now a huge Ute fan as are his other two brothers and sister in law who graduated from
The... Now Kev is marrying a BYU graduate:-) So we are a family divided. But since we have four children who are UTES, it is time we too become a true RED and stop being a huge purple ZIT!
Holly, this is my shhhh blog where I am not me...Remember? So, no one knows that was your cute putootutie!(sp)LOL!!!
Did you see where my friend Sharon from my New Hamshire asked where that post was and talked about it last week in her blog??? It might have to re-appear out of popular demand:-)LOL!!!
Life is crazy and funny and you do need to LAUGH!
You are a sweetheart and I hope all is well...
Oh, I was going to say that men in Priesthood MTG out on the East coast almost act like our sons are apostating from the church because they are UTE fans!:) funny... huh?
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
I have to admit that ever since I tried to go to class one afternoon and was told I couldn't park on campus because there was a football game I have cheered for whoever was playing against the "U". I hope you had fun with Mom and Dad let us know what you did to entertain them.
Sweet Socks Man.
I'm there with you.
Glad to see things are going well with you. Basketball here just isn't the same.
Post a Comment