Now my mom put on the invitations that because of travel and limited space smaller items would be best! Well...my bright sister made this! Practically the size of my extra suitcase. With some great packing and an additional carry on bag we were able to get most everything home!
On Monday I went with my parents and my sister and her kids to the lake out at Daybreak. I had never been there and it was so nice and fun.


Yes, Derek was there on this trip with me! Unfortunately whenever we were together I didn't have my camera. During the shower he went with the boys 4-wheeling and had a great time. We had an awesome time with all of our family. We flew home on Wednesday the 12th. It was the worst traveling experience I have ever had! When we got the airport in Salt Lake they didn't have our ticket numbers and I was on the line with Hotwire trying to get everything straightened out for almost 40 minutes. I am very responsible when it comes to this type of thing and I had all of the papers in my hand, I had verified with Delta before we left but for some reason there was still a problem, and the lady at the ticket counter was not being helpful at all. I got very upset! Luckily Derek was cool, calm, and collected and I gave the phone to him as I started bawling! With 15 minutes to spare before take off, the lady let us finally check our bags, and we ran like crazy to get to security. Luckily there was no line and we made it to the gate just in time. We sat on the plane for 20 minutes before take off which would prove to be even more of a problem as we only had a 35 minute layover in Cincinnati to catch our connecting flight to Greensboro. We landed and as I looked at my watch trying to figure out how we were going to get off this huge plane, (and we were not in the front mind you), get our carry on bag which was not placed in the overhead bins above us because we were just about the last ones the plane. They had moved our bag to the very back of the plane and we needed to get it. We decided that I would get off as fast as I could and run to the other terminal, tell them my husband was right behind me and hopefully they would wait. I had 10 minutes! I hurried as fast as I could being eight months pregnant and wearing 4 inch wedge sandals, as soon as I was off the plane, I started running. I finally got to the gate (which of course was very far away on the other side of the airport) right on time just to hear them call over the PA "This is the last call for Holly and Derek K". I rushed to the counter, I told the lady that we were here for the flight to Greensboro and she said, "Honey, you shouldn't be running!" Right...well I didn't want to miss my flight! And I can run but these were not the best shoes for that! haha. I turned around and there was Derek right behind me too. He had hauled buns and we both made it right on time. The lady told us that we were fine and that they would wait for us. Well the plane was supposed to be departing right then, and we had to go down a flight of stairs that took us to a shuttle and we had to ride the shuttle to another area of the airport to our little plane! This added to my stress as I wondered if this driver really knew where he was taking us and if the plane was really going to wait. We finally made it and everyone was waiting for us. I felt bad for the people who were sitting on this little plane, in the hot humidity waiting for us to arrive! But we made it home safe and sound after an extremely stressful day. Like I said it way too short of a trip. But it was nice to be in Utah with no humidity and to spend time with our family. I can't wait for Christmas so we can go back. But I am more excited for September! Hopefully this little boy won't make me wait until October to meet him!
Yes, Derek was there on this trip with me! Unfortunately whenever we were together I didn't have my camera. During the shower he went with the boys 4-wheeling and had a great time. We had an awesome time with all of our family. We flew home on Wednesday the 12th. It was the worst traveling experience I have ever had! When we got the airport in Salt Lake they didn't have our ticket numbers and I was on the line with Hotwire trying to get everything straightened out for almost 40 minutes. I am very responsible when it comes to this type of thing and I had all of the papers in my hand, I had verified with Delta before we left but for some reason there was still a problem, and the lady at the ticket counter was not being helpful at all. I got very upset! Luckily Derek was cool, calm, and collected and I gave the phone to him as I started bawling! With 15 minutes to spare before take off, the lady let us finally check our bags, and we ran like crazy to get to security. Luckily there was no line and we made it to the gate just in time. We sat on the plane for 20 minutes before take off which would prove to be even more of a problem as we only had a 35 minute layover in Cincinnati to catch our connecting flight to Greensboro. We landed and as I looked at my watch trying to figure out how we were going to get off this huge plane, (and we were not in the front mind you), get our carry on bag which was not placed in the overhead bins above us because we were just about the last ones the plane. They had moved our bag to the very back of the plane and we needed to get it. We decided that I would get off as fast as I could and run to the other terminal, tell them my husband was right behind me and hopefully they would wait. I had 10 minutes! I hurried as fast as I could being eight months pregnant and wearing 4 inch wedge sandals, as soon as I was off the plane, I started running. I finally got to the gate (which of course was very far away on the other side of the airport) right on time just to hear them call over the PA "This is the last call for Holly and Derek K". I rushed to the counter, I told the lady that we were here for the flight to Greensboro and she said, "Honey, you shouldn't be running!" Right...well I didn't want to miss my flight! And I can run but these were not the best shoes for that! haha. I turned around and there was Derek right behind me too. He had hauled buns and we both made it right on time. The lady told us that we were fine and that they would wait for us. Well the plane was supposed to be departing right then, and we had to go down a flight of stairs that took us to a shuttle and we had to ride the shuttle to another area of the airport to our little plane! This added to my stress as I wondered if this driver really knew where he was taking us and if the plane was really going to wait. We finally made it and everyone was waiting for us. I felt bad for the people who were sitting on this little plane, in the hot humidity waiting for us to arrive! But we made it home safe and sound after an extremely stressful day. Like I said it way too short of a trip. But it was nice to be in Utah with no humidity and to spend time with our family. I can't wait for Christmas so we can go back. But I am more excited for September! Hopefully this little boy won't make me wait until October to meet him!

4 comments:
What an eventful trip back to Utah. I can't find your belly! Aren't you pregnant or something? You had the airplane gods on your side, pregnancy may have helped a little. It was fun to catch up with you guys.
Sounds fun and stressful! Love the pics! That is such a pretty picture of Patti! She has got to see that!
I love the U of U outfits. So cute!
Wow! Way to be brave and travel so far along--Sounded mighty stressful! You're a trooper!
Mike and I are so excited for ya'll! Our baby girl is coming a couple months after in December!
Best wishes, Nancy Prater
Post a Comment