Thursday, July 9, 2009

Time for an update...

I guess I need to have my monthly update on here! I have been slacking, as usual when it comes to blogging. We are doing great. I just had another Dr appointment today and the baby is already head down, which is a great thing. Everything is looking great and he is measuring just like he should. What a good little boy he is. I know all of my talks with him are starting to pay off! He is very obedient already. Haha

Here is the lastest belly shot for those of you who like that kind of thing. I don't really like documenting how BIG I am getting but hey that is the name of the game isn't it? I want a big healthy baby, well some what big, no 10 pounders please! Thanks to Suzi for the picture!

Some of our sweet friends here threw Jenny and I a baby shower about a month ago. So yes, this was me a month ago. Jenny is about 4 weeks ahead of me and I am so glad that I have someone so close to go through all of this with. She keeps me informed on what happens next so for that I am very appreciative. I just know that after she has her baby will be like the longest 4 weeks, because I will still be pregnant and she won't. I am trying to convince her to go 2 weeks over, and I will go 2 weeks early, then they can be born way close to each other! Good idea right Jenny? I am sure that she is not going to go for that.


My sister Shannon had her sweet baby on Friday July the 3rd and she is just adorable! I am so sad that I have not seen her yet but I will next month! I am very excited. Her brothers just adore her. Looking at her picture and videos that my family sent me I just know that she is going to be one loved little girl! Her brothers are so cute! Here she is...


Cute little Sabrina! She is just a tiny thing barely 6 lbs and 19 inches long. She was born about 3 weeks early but she was ready to come. My sister was 9 weeks ahead of me, so I can't imagine having mine in 9 weeks! Ooooh exciting!

The weekend of June 19-20 we went to Columbia, SC for our friends wedding. We headed down friday afternoon because Derek had to be at the church for the rehearsal early that evening. After was the rehearsal dinner at the Hilton Garden Inn. It was so nice and so much fun and the food was really good too. The next day was the wedding and of course Derek had to be there like 3 hours early. What was I supposed to do in a town that I have never been to and we had to check out of our hotel by 11 am? You go the mall of course! Luckily the mall was nice and close to where the wedding was to take place. I did some shopping then went to the church and waited. After the wedding it was back to the Hilton for the reception which was also a lot of fun. We are so excited and happy for Jimmy and Kristen. She was so excited and you could just tell. We are so lucky to have them as our friends, and I am glad that Kristen will finally be living in Winston so we can hang out more while the boys study!

The fourth of July was also spent with Jimmy and Kristen. In the morning Derek played in a football game with some other med students while Kristen and I walked and ran and did our own little workout while the boys played. Later we went to their house for dinner and to just hang out. Later we went to see fireworks and they did not compare to good old West Jordan Citys fireworks that I remember. They seemed low budget and didn't last long at all. Oh well, its all a part of being American! You have to watch fireworks on the fourth of July, even if they are crappy!

Last but not least, my sweet husband is doing great. He has been shadowing his buddy Brad who is the chief resident in the ER. He has taught him so much and Derek is so grateful for that. He has been learning lots. He is keeping somewhat busy and is studying on his own...that is right, he is finding things to study. Poor guy is still not used to just relaxing. I guess that is a good thing.

8 comments:

sjhalford said...

I am glad you finally updated! I can't wait for my lil nephew. It's so exciting that he'll be here soon!

BJC said...

it looks like you might be married to a future emergency physician :)...brad doesn't sit still very well either, that's why he had to choose something that had no call or pagers and no clinic.

123 said...

You are so dang cute! Thanks for the picture. Glad you and Derek are doing well.

Tashina said...

Awww! You look so cute! I wish you were still here so I could see you everyday!!

Beth at Aunties said...

You look adorable and so tiny for being so far along...which doesn't surprise me in the least.
You sweet tush looks like perfection still:)
We were there the same weekend enjoying a bit of NC while you were attending the wedding. I am so glad you love North Carolina so much and best of luck in the coming weeks. He is almost here! :-)
We have number 11 & 12 on the way! It is so fun and amazing...

Hugs!

Heather & Josh said...

You look great! I'm so excited for you. I went to the gym a lot when I was pregnant, and also tried to play volleyball quite a bit, and people would always tell me I was over doing it. Back off people!!! I think I can tell when my body has had too much. Plus it makes you feel so much better when you are gaining weight so quickly. Good luck with everything. I can't wait to see pictures of your cute little guy.

Melissa Ash said...

Holly, you look amazing!! Holy cow! I am only 11 weeks pregnant, and am as big as you almost!! :) I hope all is well! It is fun to catch up on your life! We miss you here in the Butler 10th Ward!

Sara said...

Very cute belly! We are excited for you guys to enjoy being parents. Now both of you will be up at all hours of the night! One with a baby, the other with studying! :) At least you can keep eachother company. PS I hope the next door neighbors aren't being too loud. We were never really there during a summer to experience their music. I remember only a couple of times, but I am a sound sleeper.