Sunday, April 12, 2009

Derek's Birthday and a baby...BOY!!!!!

Derek got just what he wanted for his birthday, a baby BOY! I am only 16 weeks and my doctor is going to do an ultrasound at 20 weeks, but we are lucky enough to know some people! One of our dear friends here is an Emergency Room physicain, and he said that if I wanted to I could come by the ER and he would do an ultrasound on me and tell me the gender of the baby! He says you can usually tell around 15 weeks. We were game and he was nice enough to go into work half an hour early on Friday to do the ultrasound. There is pretty much no denying it, it is obvious he is a little boy and we are so excited! I can't wait for September. He is going to be such a stud! Here are a couple of pictures from Derek's birthday!



Here he is opening some gifts that I got him and my parents got him. He liked them all but the best gift was yet to come. I have some picture from the ultrasound but it is pretty hard to tell what things are if someone is not pointing them out to you. I will have to post some more after his 20 week ultrasound when he is little more developed!

Happy Birthday to my sweetheart and yay for little boys!

10 comments:

sjhalford said...

Congrats! I can't wait for my lil nephew! Have you got a name picked out?

Josh and Brittany said...

Thats exciting!! You will love having a boy first!

Robyn said...

Congrats!!! So, exciting!

Tashina said...

Awww!! I'm so excited for you! Boys are so much fun!! And, who doesn't want an older brother?! :) Oh, and happy birthday to Derek!!

Jenny said...

Yay! So happy for you! Boys are great! And unless Derek is a vampire, I'm pretty sure you will not have a delivery like Renesmee! Aaaah! My advice- get an epidural. It's so nice and fascinating to experience it all with minimal pain! Don't try to be tought- it sucks- I did it natural with Daniel and it was CRAZY! And just know that everyone will see your nether regions and it doesn't matter. It really is a miracle. If you can focus on enjoying that miracle, it will be amazing! Congrats!

123 said...

Happy Birthday Derek!! Congrats on the little boy, now I can go shopping for you :)

Lara B said...

I am so excited for you! Little boys are so much fun and they really keep you on your toes :) Happy Birthday to Derek too!

Heather & Josh said...

Congrats on the baby! That is so exciting. I'm glad you've been feeling good so far. And a little boy will be so fun. I'm not sure if I have any advice, but I was terrified about delivery as well, but I ended up having a c-section and it wasn't bad at all. The recovery was a breeze. So good luck with everything. I'm sure you aren't even hardly showing yet, and will be the cutest pregnant woman ever!!!

Beth at Aunties said...

Soccer games and cub scouts are so much fun! Congratulations!!!! We Have to wait until the 30th to know what ours is..... on Sept 10th!

Hugs!

Sara said...

Happy birthday and what a nice gift to find out your having a BOY. We love having a boy first. We are so excited for you guys!! Yeah.