Friday, April 24, 2009

And so it begins...

At 18 weeks pregnant I didn't think that this would happen so soon! After my aerobics class on Wednesday night I had a lady ask me if I was sure I wasn't pregnant with TWINS!! I had a total jaw-drop moment and just stared at her. (I can still fit in my skinny jeans for crying out loud! I even tried them on this morning just to make sure). I kindly told her that I am almost half way and that I SHOULD be starting to show. She said "well last time I saw you (which was last week, mind you) there wasn't anything there". Well the baby is going to have to start showing some time! Hello! I expect that from some old men who don't really think about what they are saying and who ask pregnant ladies "Geez, how many babies DO you have in there?" They have never been pregnant and don't really understand. But I didn't expect it from a lady in her late 40's, who has children herself. She should know better. Then last night, at the gym of course, I had another lady say "I'm starting to see the pudge!" PUDGE? Excuse me, pudge=FAT. This "pudge" is called a baby! So, advice to all...don't ask a pregnant woman how many babies she is having and don't point out her "pudge" to her. She is already self-conscience that she can't button up her pants.

I AM kind of excited about the little baby bump that I have, it makes it seem a little more real. I have been feeling him kick for a little over a week now and I love it! I will have Derek take a picture of my pudge, oh BABY BUMP, and I will post it, so all of you can see how my TWINS are doing!

Thanks for letting me vent, all of you skinny people! Seriously, everytime I look at someone, I think, "they sure do look skinny today!" Either that or I am just getting fatter! Both are probably true! I am even jealous of Derek's flat stomach, and he's a guy! Now all of you unpregnant ladies, go eat some ice cream to make me feel better!

10 comments:

Tashina said...

Oh, Holly! I hate that part! I went through it with both pregnancies... Ok, with Mason, I probably deserved it (I was SO fat!!). But, with Avery, I only gained 20 pounds total, and I fit in my normal jeans until I was almost 30 weeks!! Some people just don't know how to keep their mouths shut...

Beth at Aunties said...

All the within and hopin n this life will never give, me a flat tummy again....
I bet your 'Baby Boy Bump' (that could be a song!) is adorable! Still in your skinny jeans ....? That is seriously good!
Hey, I miss your bright smile!

We are headed out in two weeks exactly! We have a new Dr. joining our family! :-) & We are coming to NC!
HUGS~ ♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Are you sure your 'baby boy bumb' isn't a 'baby girl bump'... My verification word is norabylu. That would be a sort of a southern girl name.:)
I thought it was funny. Now I will go type it and say good bye!

enemith00 said...

Holly, I'm sure you look adorable and I can't wait to see you at dinner tonight... those ladies are just jealous they don't look as good as you and they're NOT pregnant!

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with people??? You barely have a bump! I wish I looked as good as you, even when you are pregnant!

Page said...

People always say weird stuff like that. With Carson, a lady said I must be having twins, and I had a little 5 pounder and I wasn't big at all! Anyone who would ask something like that has no idea anyway. I need to see your bump to judge for myself, by the way. Come visit sometime!

sjhalford said...

That's too funny. Some people aren't the brightest! I doubt you're big at all and if you are he will just be an athlete like his dad, huh!

richvm said...

Seriously, some people have NO tact! I bet you look fabulous! I'm not quite back into my skinny jeans and my baby is almost 6 months. Its tough, what our bodies go through. Plus, I bet your bump is more prominent in work out clothes, so people notice it more. I'm excited to see pics! Be prepared for total strangers touching and/or rubbing your belly as you get bigger! Enjoy that baby moving inside you! It is so amazing! I always loved that feeling!

richvm said...

That last post was from me (your cousin, Jenny) I was accidentally on Richards account! :)

Jenny said...

Too funny! I just didn't like when people I didn't know, or didn't know well were always wanting to touch my belly. I have to admit I am more claustrophobic when I am pregnant.

BJC said...

you look great! i just ate some haagen daas vanilla low fat yogurt/raspberry sherbet swirl just for you...ok, maybe for me too...but i had two servings to make up for the low calorie content. hope it makes you and your twins feel better!