...to tell everyone that I am pregnant!! I think that some of you already know but I thought that I would make it offical by announcing it on our blog. We are so excited and I am due the end of September! It can not come fast enough! We are both so happy and I am feeling great! I really only had like 2 weeks of morning sickness. Don't get me wrong, I still had the other uncomfortable symptoms, but luckily the nausea didn't last too long! I have come to terms with the fact that I will gain weight and get FAT, but I am terrified to give BIRTH! I guess I shouldn't have read those Twilight books. Hello, does the birth of Renesme mean anything to any of you. So, all of you Moms out there, do you have any advice for me when it comes to giving birth and the recovery? I seriously need all the help I can get. Please tell me how easy and painfree it is! Ok...don't lie to me, but advice would be great! I can't back out now, that baby has to come out somehow!
Yay, we are having a baby!!!!!!
5 years ago

20 comments:
Yay Holly! So excited for you and Derek! I have no advice to offer, but wish you the best. I miss seeing you at the gym :(. Let's get together soon!
That is so exciting!! I was wondering about you the other day and thinking its about time you were pregnant!! If you ever need someone to complain with you can call me cause it sounds like I'm a few weeks ahead of you!! We just found out its a girl, it is so fun finding out what your having!! But congratulations and hopefully we can both make it through labor!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting for you!! I don't have any advice (not there yet Ü), but I wish you a great pregnancy.
OH MY GOSH!! CONGRATS!!!! You will be such a wonderful mom!!
CONGRATS!!! You are so lucky with the morning sickness thing because this time for me it lasted an entire 6 months and still isn't gone all of the way! The only advice I have is definatley get the epidural. I would NEVER do without it!
Congrats! That is wonderful news. You will make a great mom and they have epidurals and pain med for the pain!!!!
It isn't 1/2 vampire is it? So, relax all is good!
My niece and her husband decided to stay close to home and go to UNLV on full scholarship! He was accepted everywhere he applied. Wake Forrest is trying to work things out about the scholarship thing but as it stands it will be in Las Vegas. Free Education without no student loans.... sounds like a great deal. (He was a Rhoades scholar canidate -runner up:)
Again that is wonderful news about the baby! Our new grandchild is due the 10th of September.
YAY!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! And, I'm so glad that you are feeling good, that always makes like so much easier!! And, to be honest with you, I would pick labor and delivery over being pregnant ANY day of the week! My advice- get the epidural! It is heaven sent!!!
oh goodness Holly that is so exciting!!! Yay!!!! You're going to be such a lovely mother, and considering the fact that I'm only 15 I have no advice :)
don't ask me for advice...each of my deliveries were very different...J. was 31 hours active labor, A. was 36 then emergency c-section and G. was just a planned c-section because my body doesn't handle pregnancy very well and i had complications:) and yes, after all of this i still want another one, so it must not be too bad!!! you forget a lot of it and usually by the end of the nine months you are SOOOO ready to be done that birth isn't as daunting as it first seemed.
Wooooo hooooo for babies!
Advice contrary to everyone else-- DON'T get the epidural!!!!! Go natural!!
YEAH!! I am so excited for you guys. You are going to be great parents. I don't have a lot of advice on giving birth, cause I had all 3 of my babies c-section. For me that was great and the recovery was better than I thought. I'm bummed I'm not going to see you pregnant, you are going to be so cute. Take lots of picts. Enjoy this time and don't worry about getting fat, it's worth it :)
We are very happy for you guys. What a fun time for your family. As far as pain goes, you forget quickly!! Ha, ha.
Wahoo, Wahoo, Wahoo!!! Love you guys!
I know what you mean about Renesme, I read that book while I was 8 months pregnant with Sam. That book should come with a warning label for pregnant women. The closer you get to the end, the more anxious you will be to get the baby out, but you should just relax and enjoy feeling that little critter growing and moving inside you because there is nothing else like that in the world. Sarah
p.s. Grandpa let the cat out of the bag awhile ago.
Congratulations Holly! My best advice is...don't listen to ANYONE'S advice :-) Seriously, everyone is so different, do what you want and what is right for YOU- you're going to do great!
Congrats! That's awesome! It's true that you forget all about the labor and you're too excited anyway. Everyone is so different!
Congrats! I was going to ask you on Sunday, but didn't. Parenthood is wonderful, fulfilling, stressful, challenging, and then you mix in med school, residency, fellowship, call, elementary school, junior high, school activities, church callings, and homework and it is then that you know these are now the most important years of your lives. Remember you are a team and that the Lord doesn't think any situation is too small for some prayers or fasting - even if it is looking for a soccer cleat so your child is not late to their game! Continuing to love the Lord and the gospel and teaching that to your children will get you far in life.
I had 1 C-section and 2 natural births (no epidurals), so every pregnancy and delivery is different. I would second the comment on don't listen to what others tell you about the birthing process. It is a special plan that you will set up with your doc for that day. No matter how bad the pregnancy is and how painful the delivery is- it is all forgotten the second you hear/see your baby!
Congrats from the Fullers
I am so excited! Do you know what your having?
That is brand new information, haha! You guys will be great parents! I can't wait for my lil nephew! I bet DK is stoked! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEREK!!!
Congrats to you guys!!! Grandma Zada told us at Bobby's farewell and we have been awaiting a post ever since. And a BOY...we LOVE boys at our house!
As for advice, I totally say go unmedicated. I had an epidural with my 1st--labor and delivery was a breeze, recovery was miserable. I went without the epidural for our 2nd. Labor was hard...I won't lie, but it is SO do-able if you get a room with a birthing tub. As for recovery...I only had one IB Proferen (sp?) after Tyler was born...and NOTHING else...ever. I felt GREAT!!!!
Post a Comment