Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Vacation

Derek and I got back on Sunday from spending 8 wonderful days in Utah with our family! It was so good to see all of them and it was so hard to come back to NC although the 60 degree weather is making it easier having left 20 degree weather! We arrived in Utah late on Friday December 19th. That Saturday after shopping with my mom for my birthday, we headed up the mountains for the annual cabin trip to spend time with Derek's family and to go snowmobiling and play in the snow. It was a blast!


Derek's cousin Judd and his girlfriend Emily.


Trying to get the snowmobile unstuck!



Holly and Emily

Judd and Derek


Our neices Elle and Emma, we like to eat snow! Yummy!!!
Derek and his sister Patti





That night we even had a surprise visit from Santa Claus! The kids were so excited! We all slept over and stayed up late playing games, and had a white elephant gift exchange. Early the next morning we snowmobiled down to the cars and drove home to go to church and celebrate my birthday!



Christmas Eve we spent with my family. We had a great dinner, read the story of our Savior's birth, then spent time with each other and exchanged gifts!Derek getting ready to eat.

Me and my neice AziAll four of our neice and nephews on my side of the familyMe and my nephew Garon

Christmas Day pictures are going to have to wait because I got a new camera and I didn't bring the stuff to do it here at work. (Yes, I am "working" right now!)

Happy New Year!!

9 comments:

sjhalford said...

I thought Patti cut your hair, haha! Atleast that's what you told everyone. Its cute! It looks way healthy. It is always fun to change, plus Patti always does a great job! I wish we could have seen more of you guys during the break! Derek sure was missed during Guitar Hero!

Tashina said...

I can't believe how big Azi has gotten! The last time I saw her she was just a chubby little thing... I am glad that you guys had a fun Christmas vacation! Oh, and your hair is so cute! I love it!

Lara B said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas. Isn't it fun to be with family? Too bad you didn't make it over to the B10 Ward to say hi! Maybe next time :) Your hair is so cute as always.

Hollie and Luke said...

Yes I am subbing and I love it, it is so much better!!! It looks like you guys are having a blast!! What are you doing there for work?? I do sometimes miss the gossip talking back by Patti and Ruth's desk!!

Beth at Aunties said...

You are so darn cute! I love all the Christmas Photos!
Sorry your you know what is featured once again on my blog...It wasn't my fault!!! I promise. :-}

Sara said...

I love your hair! Very nice and probably easier to do in the mornings. What fun the snow was, we miss that white cold stuff! I am sure your families loved having you home! I hope you had a great new year!

Jamie said...

How much fun! We are in Utah right now and it is sooo cold - looks like it is a lot warmer in NC. I LOVE your new haircut too. We need to see each other in the new year!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute blog - love it! I'm so glad we can be blogging buddies now. :) Hope to see you soon!

Jenny said...

What a fun Christmas! IT was fun to see you! I didn't realize that you had just barely cut your hair, but it is darling!- Love it! So how tall is Judd, because I'm laughing at the picture of Judd and Derek in the snow because they seriously look like David and Goliath! Hee, hee!