
About a week ago I was at the mall shopping while Derek was studying. I was so excited to get to Bath and Body Works to use my coupons when a salesman from a little kiosk called Deap Sea Cosmetics stopped me, wanting to see my nails. I usually would have been rude and ignored him and walked right on by but I was feeling the Christmas spirit and was so happy to use my coupons and I was also beaming from finding one of my favorite online shopping stores right there at the mall. It was a great day. Anyway I showed him my nails and he buffed them and of course brought out my "natural shine". He asked if I was married and I told him yes, then he asked where my husband was and I told him he was studying. He asked for what and I told him med school. He then started talking to me about my skin and showing me products for facials. I reiterated the fact that my husband was in med school so unless he wanted to give me something for FREE he was wasteing his time. He then told me that he went to med school in Italy, and he was a dermatologist resident. Well I am not THAT slow and I thought "well if he is a dermatologist resident, then why the heck is he selling skin products at the mall?" He then told me that he was doing his residency in Galveston, TX and because of the hurricane they relocated him there. Ok, I sort of bought it. Derek had also lived in Italy for 2 years so I know that med school there is 6 years instead of 4. So, I decided to test him and see. I asked him how long medical school is in Italy and he told me 6 years. I am beginning to believe this guy. Then he tells me that the cleanser I should use is "normally" $100, but because he thinks that I am beautiful blah blah blah, and how he only selects "certain" people to stop to tell them about his products, and I am that "type" of person...he will sell it to me for $35. I think that I am getting a steal of a deal. He also tells me that this product will last me a whole year! But because I am so frugal I did resist the urge to buy but told him I would be back next week because I wanted Derek to come with me to see the stuff, but I had every intention of actually buying it. I told some of my friends here about it and how excited I was about this AMAZING product that is going to give me the best skin ever because the product is straight from Israel and the Dead Sea, so it is all natural. I finally got a little wiser and I looked up the product online, from the pamphlet HE gave me and...the cleanser that was supposedly $100, is on THEIR website for $34.95! I am the biggest sucker and I bought this man's story hook, line, and sinker. The more I think about it, the more I realize what a sucker I am. He is no doctor, just a great salesman.
Sorry for the long wordy post, but if anyone HAS used these products please let me know what you think! I am NOT a big enough sucker to actually buy it!

8 comments:
LOL! Just like a saleswoman in Costco trying to tell me I ahd a small deeree air (sp) so I would buy her dip:) gotta love a great story! Where are the pics:-)
Smart girl for saying you would bring your husband back. Kevin served in Rome. Where did your hubby serve?
Merry Christmas!
Hmmm not exactly,
Beth :)
You are too funny.
I think you were very wise for looking it up online. I loved the story, thanks for sharing.
Great to hear the follow up on that story. :)
Hehe, I'm glad you didn't end up buying it...but your hands did look radiant!
Sorry Holl, but I hate to say we told you so...hehehe
Holly!! I found your blog on Ashley's. I hope you don't mind! I can't believe you are in North Carolina... I miss you! Come visit my blog... And, I am going private, but if you want, leave your e-mail and I will invite you! Hope everything is going well for you guys!
So I had no idea how much the stuff cost, so i wasn't a SUCKER, but perhaps my hubby was...he bought me that stuff and I LOVE IT. I have always had ugly nails and such, (a biter) but i love the whole line. SO, i can vouch for the products, but not for the price!!!
Post a Comment